27 May 2009

Slippys Choice

Sometimes we all have to do things that we find distasteful, amoral, and just downright shameful.

I could list many, but tonight I stoop to an all time low on my social barometer of what is a VERY BAD THING as I find myself faced with a decision that I find thoroughly unpalatable.




I'm supporting Manchester United.


It's not really that I want them to win, it's that I don't want Barcelona to.

Just like Meryl Streep in Sophie's choice, neither going is not an option. It will only prolong the inevitability of a firing squad, so I must choose who to lose, and after weighing up the alternatives, with a heavy heart it is Manchester I cling to as Barcelona are dragged off crying for their mothers.

*GOAL FLASH*
Eto for Barca. Bollocks.

It wasn't an easy choice, and I've mentally gone through the pro's and cons of a decision I'm going to have to live with for the rest of my life.


Against Manchester United

  • They are Manchester United
  • Ronaldo is a slimy, cheating cunt
  • Winning two on the bounce will make them so smug
  • They are Manchester United
  • They've won enough this year already
  • They are Manchester United
For Manchester United
  • They are not Barcelona
  • They are an English team
  • They are not a Spanish team
  • I've got the teeniest amount of respect for Giggs, who maybe deserves it before he retires
  • I hate Puyol more than Ronaldo (he fucked up a potentially winning World Cup fantasy team for me, and I have never forgiven him. And he has shit hair.
  • Some of my friends are real Man Utd fans (ie never been there), and the philanthropist in me wouldn't begrudge them a little bit of pleasure.
Twenty five minutes in and it looks like Barcas goal was against the run of play...oh oh..Xavi free kick..........and safe....., so things may turn out right in the long run.

For now, I think I'd better go and get myself a stiff drink. It might make it a bit easier to cope with what I'm doing with a bit of dutch courage and beer goggles.


But when I wake up tomorrow, all bleary eyed and unsure of what I got up to the night before, I'll be able to look back on this blog, and all the shame will come flooding back.


Am I getting into bed with a stunner, or a munter?

Only time will tell.


Whisper it proud ....Come on Man U.......

1 comment: